Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Sweet and Sour -Apple Paniharam




Apples have got different varieties.Each is unique and has its own characteristic.We have always used apple in a dessert form , juice form or simply eaten it raw.But I decided to make something different.

An Apple a day keeps you away from the doctor"....Very very true .An Apple actually helps you lower blood cholesterol, improved bowel function, reduced risk of stroke, prostate cancer, type II diabetes and asthma.Lets all eat apple regularly be healthy.

This recipe comes out from my own kitchen to all of you . It is always heard that kids and few adults don't like apple.Try on this and i am sure they would be a fan of it .

Raw Materials Required

1/2 Green Apple
1/2 Red Apple
1 Cup - Dosa Batter
1 tsp - Red Chilli Powder
1 tsp - Gram masala
Little pinch -Hing

Preparation Style

Grate the green apple and the red apple and mix it together with the dosa batter.Then add the red chilli powder and also the gram masala and hing to it .Mix it well .

Then take a non stick panniaram pan and pour the batter .Wait for few mts until you see the sides starts to cook .Then turn to the other side and allow it to cook .Serve the dish hot with dosai mulaga podi .

I am posting this recipe as the entry for "http://publishtoday.blogspot.com/2007/01/fruit-month.html" ...Contest

12 comments:

Priya Bhaskaran said...

Hi Deepa, you have a nice blog out here...liked the vishu display:) you were very close...I am not from Palghat but from Coimbatore.....will visit often:)

Bharathy said...

Deepa,so you are making a tremendous progress,good updations. happy to note you are hosting Konkan Cuisine for 2008...:)..
In Technorati Ranking list,You are welllll Ahead of me!!!!that too for the past 3 days...
All the best!
I need your guide line help to upload vdo posts in U tube..will you help??

Reena said...

deepa, this one is totally new to me. never heard of it before. good entry for AFAM.

DEEPA said...

thks everybody.I will surely help you bharathi .No prblm at all.Any time

Bong Mom said...

Very unique entry Deepa. Looks lovely

Roopa said...

Hi Deepa
Very nice entry ! innovative too!

Anonymous said...

Deepa your apple paniharam looks delicious, your presentation is very good. Devotion to love of food leads to food writing and recipe development, which gives anticipation and excitement. Good luck in your endeavor and enjoy your blogging experience Deepa.
sunitha

DEEPA said...

thks reena ...This is my recipe ..I thgt of doing something different .Thank you very much sandeepa and roopa ...

Sreelu said...

Hey Deepa,

you have a nice blog going, I am not an apple enthusiastic but love your variation.

Hmmm yummy will be in my recipes to try category

Sreelu

Mythreyee said...

this is a must try recipe. I got to try this. Thanks for sharing. I am sure my daughter will love this.

Deepa Hari said...

Hi Deepa,
Apple paniharam sounds great...different from the usual...Liked ur recipes...Nice Blog...Thanks for sharing.

Kribha said...

Dear Deepa,
First time here. Absolutely loved the collection of your recipes. I've never tried apple paniharam before. Love to try it soon. Nice pictures.