Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pineapple Pulissery -Kerala Cuisine


I hardly used to make Pulissery at home .Pulissery would always be my last option. Once i saw our friend's TBC-Pineapple Pulissery, I decided to make my version .It came out to be awesome one.Thanks to you TBC.

Back home mom used to always make Pulissery with "white pumpkin or bengarul katrithika" ..Once i saw pineapple this was something new to me .My mom's recipe is little bit different from tbc , but almost all in ingredients are the same ..So here it goes ...

Raw Materials Required
Curd -2 Cups
Rice -2 tsp
Kadla Parup -1 tsp (Channa Dhal)
Coconut -1 cup
Green Chilli- 4-5
Haldi - 1/2 tsp
Jeera -1 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Methi Seeds -1/2 tsp
Red Chilli -2-3
Oil -3 tsp
Salt

Preparation Style
Beat the curd and add pineapple to it and set aside . Soak the rice and dhal for an hour before cooking. Grind the coconut ,green chilli and jeera together. Along with this paste grind the rice and dhal together and make a thick paste. Add little water while grinding and not too much.The paste must be semi thick . Mix the paste with the curd and add haldi to it.Keep the Pulissery in low flame and allow it to come to a boil.Add salt and let the flame be on low.On the other side take a small kadai add oil and mustard seeds .Allow it to crack and then add methi seeds and red chilli.Pour them on the Pulissery and mix them well and serve it hot with rice.

This would be my entry for Jyothsna's Event of Currybazaar who is hosting RCI: Cuisine of Kerala.

23 comments:

Swati said...

Hi Deepa

This looks great!! Loved the photo too...the tadka is looking very pretty!!

Nanditha Prabhu said...

i think there are variety of pulisheery's cooking for this event!
yum!

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Hi deepa

Ya nanditha is right! variety of pulisheery. This is similar to our moru kolambu.. But i havent tried pineapple, looks tasty ....

remya said...

wow!!! lovely pulissery....love all varieties of them.....specially mambazha pulissery....urs looks very nice

Sagari said...

looks wonderfullll deepa very new recipe thanks for sharing

Laavanya said...

TBC's pineapple pulissery was tempting for me too. I hope to be making that soon. That looks great Deepa. Awaiting your Pongal recipes.

Anonymous said...

Hello Deepa,

In the last few months, you may remember receiving an email invitation to become a part of the Foodbuzz Featured Publisher Program. With all the recipe-writing and food photography to be completed, we know emails can easily get lost in the shuffle, so Foodbuzz would like to re-extend our offer of inviting you to be a part of our food blogger network. I would love to send you more details about the program, so if you are interested, please email me at Shannon@foodbuzz.com.

Cheers!

Shannon Eliot
Editorial Assistant, Foodbuzz.com
shannon@foodbuzz.com

Rajitha said...

yum! all i want is a big spoon and want to eat all of the yummieness!! TBC's pulissery has been bookmarked by me too!!

Seema said...

Yum Yum Deepa! That picture looks so good, i am ready for it right now !!

TBC said...

Hey Deepa,
So this is what u were talking about. Looks lovely. It is a little different from my version.:)

BTW, thanks for the mention!

DEEPA said...

Thankyou very much sugarcraft ...Do give it a try sometime ..It taste good.

Yeah Nanditha ...You are correct.Loads of pulisheery for the event ..

Vanamala ..Very correct.This is the same as moru kolambu .Just that in kerala it is called like that.

Remya ..I love mambazha pulissery too ..It taste just awesome.

Sagari ..Thankyou for stopping by ..

Hey Laavanya ...TBC'S was awesome .I will surely post my pongal recipe soon.

Rajitha ..Do give it a try sometime .It taste awesome.

Seema ..Come over ..I can make them for you ...

Thankyou TBC ...You inspired me to do this .

Srivalli said...

Looks great deepa..good to see you blogging regularly again!

Mansi said...

I've heard so much about this dish but never tasted it Deepa...thanks for the visual treat:) looks great!

Pallavi said...

Thanks for the nice words on my blog Deepa. I did'nt find this the other day on your profile. Nice collection.

Pallavi

Anonymous said...

Deepa that looks Delicious! Good entry!
Deepa, would you be interested in the Amish Friendship bread starter??? Let me know.. i have one batch ready to be mailed out... email me at:
masalamagic.latha@gmail.com with your address and i can get it out soon!
Cheers
Latha

Daily Meals said...

Wonderful pulissery Deepa!

Thanu said...

Hey! thanx for stopping by at my blog. I had a first look at yours . Nice Collection . Really! Will keep coming back for more :)

Cynthia said...

It does indeed look great! I like the name :) Pulissery.

DEEPA said...

Hey Srivalli ..Yeah these days i am catching up with my blog ..

Mansi ..Do give it a try ..It taste really great..

Pallavi ..Most welcome ..Do stop by often.

Hey Latha ...Thks for the comment.I did send you a email .Check it out and let me know

Thank you Daily meals for stopping by.

Thanu ...Great that you stopped by ..Please visit me often and i will also do the same on you blog.

Cynthia ..Thank you very much for stopping by .It quite a traditional name ....Sounds different ...

Mythreyee said...

Deepa, this looks wonderful. I was planning to make errisery with plantains. nice and tempting pic.

Kribha said...

I love dishes with pineapples. I can imagine how it would have tasted. The tadka on the top compliments the color of your dish.

Ramki said...

Hi Deepa,
Am blogging your pulissery as a model recipe in the 1001 Kerala curries cookbook at http://ramkicooks.blogspot.com/

/Thanks for the recipe

Anonymous said...

"Great article ! . People would probably be very hungry after this.
Go to www.gourmandia.com and www.gourmetrecipe.com for more Ideas."