Monday, May 7, 2007

Vazhakai Cutlet and Rose Milk


Cutlet any time of the year ..No problem ..But esp during spring time ...Very very apt ..We used to always prepare aloo cutlets or vegetable cutlets....This time i decided to make something different from the usual ...Raw Banana Cutlet ..'Vazhakai "...Quite simple recipe .To go along with this I actually wanted to make strawberry milkshake , but i did not have strawberry at home ...So wht to do ????...Then thought why cant i prepare rose milk ...something similar ...
This would be my entry for Meeta's Monthly Mingle
This cutlet has got few variations from the normal one .So here how it goes

Raw Materials Required
2 Raw Banana
1/2 Carrot Grated
1/3 Cup Green Peas
1/2 Cup Small Red Onion
1 tsp Chilli Powder
1 tsp Gram masala
Salt as per taste
Little Kotmali

Preparation Style
Boil the banana's in cooker and peel the skin .Smash the banana and add the onion,grated carrot , peas and all the masala's together .Add Salt and kotamali and mix it together and make small cutlets out of them .Then place them in the tava and allow it to cook .Turn both the sides until they reach dark brown color by adding few dops of oil .Serve it hot with pudhina chutney.

Rose Milk is very simple and easy to make .I just used 4 tsp of Rooh Afza and blended it with 2 glass of milk and added 2 tsp of sugar.

Hot Hot Cutlets and Cool Rose Milk ...Spring time at our place ....
Last week i had shared my new rose bud arrival at our place .This week it has taken life by few more additions ....Enjoy your spring .....

19 comments:

FH said...

Hi Deepa,Rooh Afza!!WOW! Never tasted that before.
Plantain cutlets sounds great but I can not see any of the pics!Hope it's not just me.Great entry:)

DEEPA said...

Hello Asha Ji ....i think you have to refresh the page you will be able to view the pic ..thks a lot the comment

sra said...

Hi Deepa! Till I saw the banana pix on your blog, I was reading this as Vaazkai (means life, right?) cutlet - it never struck me it could be vaazhakai!

Meeta K. Wolff said...

A great idea and entry. Thank you!

Sia said...

cant see the pics deepa:( will come n check later...

Suganya said...

Wow! That's very nice....Vazhakai cutlet is a different recipe.... And the rose milk look YUM!

Roopa said...

deepa, can't see the pictures. Raw banana cutlets is a great idea!

archana said...

Raw banana cutlets are nice and different.Liked the recipe :)
I have never tried Rooh Afza in milk. Will surely try it :)

Coffee said...

banana cutlet sounds great!!!!!
Like others, I can't see the pics as well!!

Viji said...

The recipe sounds interesting and simple with the ingredients. Love to see the pictures sometime later Deepa. Viji

Sia said...

still cant see the pics deepa. anyways i have sent u my entry for AFAM. tc...

DEEPA said...

Thks you all for your comments ..My laptop is giving some prblms ..I am sorry that all you are not able to view the pics ..Will surely retify this soon ....

Sorry for the inconvenience!!!!

Cynthia said...

Hi Deepa, I can see the pics! and they look great. I am going to try this banana cutlet, it sounds so simple to make and really delicious.

Rose milk... I've never had that. When I saw the pic I thought that it was Strawberry Nesquick which I love! :)

DEEPA said...

Thks a lot cynthai ...Do try this cutlet ...It taste really good ....

Kribha said...

Two of my favorites. Am I invited Deepa? Can't wait to try your rosemilk. You reminded me of my schooldays when I used to drink rosemilk daily.Great presentation.

Anonymous said...

what a funny decoration of the plate

Unknown said...

Hi,
The recipe sound great. You should post them on Samukam.com social network in the Tamil recipe/food section.
Best,
Thiru

Rumela said...

Wow!! Great recipe!! The combination is truly fascinating. vazhakai cutlet and rose milk all are nutritious and good for health. So a both combination is likely to be tasty and healthy alike. thank you for shearing your post.

Unknown said...

Deepa has done a good job. The cutlet is spicy and tasty and rose milk is even better. I hope next time you will serve the Best Cooking Recipes